This page is regularly updated, please select here to view the latest version.
Who we are
We are a charity registered in England & Wales, with registration number 1129346.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect the personal data that you may volunteer as part of membership or donation forms, newsletter sign-ups, competitions, ticket bookings, donation or loan of items, visitor or public surveys.
Personal information we collect may include:
- your name
- postal address, email address and phone number;
- relationship to other members, if necessary for Family Membership purposes;
We may also collect and hold information about any contact you have with us as a visitor, customer or supporter of Marlow Museum, such as:
- contact preferences;
- gift information, including Direct Debit bank details where applicable;
- Gift Aid status;
- details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you;
- ticket purchase and event registration / attendance;
- any other information provided by yourself at the request of Marlow Museum.
When we ask you to provide your personal information we will let you know why we are asking, and how we will use your data, by directing you towards this notice.
What we do with your information
Your data is held securely by our Data Manager and may be used by us for the following purposes:
To send you Newsletters giving
- Information about products, services or events related to Marlow Museum, such as exhibitions, events, or retail offers.
- News and updates about Marlow Museum.
- Information on our fundraising operations, including occasional targeted requests to consider giving financial support to Marlow Museum, or to ask you to consider supporting us in other ways.
To send you other relevant communications based upon your relationship with Marlow Museum, such as:
- Sending surveys for market research purposes.
- Checking whether we have accurate contact details for you.
You can opt out of any/all of our communications at any point simply by contacting
There are some Membership and donation communications that we are required to send regardless of your contact preferences. These are essential communications, deemed necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. This would include Direct Debit confirmations and advanced notices, thank you letters, Friends member benefits such the newsletter and membership cards, renewal reminders, Gift Aid confirmation letters and querying returned mail or bounced Direct Debit payments with you.
How we update your information
We annually review records of supporters to ensure your data is as accurate as possible.
Who we might share your information with
We do not disclose personal data to any third parties or external organisations.
How we keep your information secure
We have security procedures, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification.
All our volunteers, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are legally obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ and supporters’ personal data.
How can I access the information about me, or correct the information?
You can ask us if we are keeping any personal data about you and you can also request to receive a copy of that personal data. You will receive a response from us within 30 days.
Requests should be sent to: Data Protection Officer, Marlow Museum, Court Garden, Pound Lane, Marlow, SL7 2AE Email: email@example.com
At any time you may ask us to delete or correct your personal information simply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to our privacy notice
We regularly review our privacy notice, and may make changes from time to time. Any changes made will be posted to this page, and will apply from the time we post them. This privacy notice was last changed on 5 April 2018.
How to contact us
- by email to email@example.com
- or write to us at Marlow Museum, Court Garden, Pound Lane, Marlow, Bucks SL7 2AE
(for most small images - select image to enlarge)